[tz] Doubt about releases/updates

Thu Dec 1 04:40:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-30 16:02, Lester Caine wrote:
> On 30/11/16 17:59, Pablo Sánchez wrote:
>> I was advised to keep an eye on some political issues that could
>> interfere, but seems that even on those cases, database got updated
>> previously to the occurrence of such fact..

Note that distributions and vendor products often have delays of a few
days to a few weeks after the release to package and ship the changes.

> There have been a few recent changes that have been added at short
> notice due to political decisions in some cases only days before the due
> date - or was that actually after in some cases? - the database is as
> accurate as can be given the availability of information. It would be
> nice if changes were agreed a few weeks at least before the due date to
> allow updates to actually be implemented, but that requires removing the
> politicians from the process :)

Kinda impractical given that some politician has to be responsible for
drafting and passing the regulation, order, or bill, then signing off
to make it effective.
Would be nice if there were some international regulatory or diplomatic
news wire feed we could access to scrape time changes.