[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Mon Feb 15 21:55:00 UTC 2016

Martin Burnicki said:
> Hm, I've just had a look at the current file once more:
> https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/leap-seconds.list
>
> I don't see any copyright statement at all in it, nor in the directory
> containing the file.

Irrelevant. Copyright exists and can't be made not to exist.

(You're in Germany, right? You're subject to the Copyright Directive and
the Berne Convention, same as I am.)

> Would we require a statement telling explicitly that permission to copy
> the file is granted?

Yes.

>> I'm not sure how the staff of IERS feel about this, but this sounds like
>> the kind of thing that might perhaps be solved by a simple request.

Indeed.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.