[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Mon Feb 15 19:14:18 UTC 2016

Tim Parenti wrote:

> On 15 February 2016 at 13:29, Arthur David Olson
> <arthurdavidolson at gmail.com <mailto:arthurdavidolson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Unless the copyright situation has changed since then...

Hm, I've just had a look at the current file once more:
https://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/ntp/leap-seconds.list

I don't see any copyright statement at all in it, nor in the directory
containing the file.

Would we require a statement telling explicitly that permission to copy
the file is granted?

> I'm not sure how the staff of IERS feel about this, but this sounds like
> the kind of thing that might perhaps be solved by a simple request.  If,
> as Steve says, they're "on public record as having interest in
> disseminating the information", then perhaps they'd be glad to more
> explicitly place it in the public domain.

I think this is true. I've been earlier in touch with the folks who
create the file so I'll contact them and ask ...

Martin