[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Thu Feb 18 00:36:59 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-17 16:29, John Hawkinson wrote:
> I want to say https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC0
> is the answer, but it appears to require a lot more than
> a "simple sentence," so I am now pretty unsure.

Got the same reservations myself, and implications are unclear,
despite dealing with corporate and vendor software and service
contracts and agreements for decades.

> Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki at meinberg.de> wrote on Thu, 18 Feb 2016
> at 00:22:59 +0100 in <56C500D3.2060206 at meinberg.de>:

>> He agrees with my proposal to add a copyright notice to the IERS leap
>> second file, which expresses that the file can freely be copied, and
>> asks for a proposal for an appropriate wording.
>>
>> I'm also not neither too familiar with legal stuff concerning copyright,
>> nor is English my native language, so eventually someone can propose a
>> simple sentence which can be added to the leap second file.

EUPL - European Union Public Licence - recommended for EU/government software
and content in the "public domain":
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/eupl/og_page/european-union-public-licence-eupl-v11

"European Union Public Licence
The Original Work is provided under the terms of this Licence when the Licensor (as
defined below) has placed the following notice immediately following the copyright
notice for the Original Work:

Licensed under the EUPL"

and maybe a copy of the above link, which provides the document in 22 EU languages.