[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:32:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016, at 14:08, Brian Inglis wrote:
> It is the closest European licence to public domain and allows all uses
> for all purposes, including deriving and sublicensing.
> The Copyleft Clause is unfortunately named but serves only to ensure the
> terms of the licence may not be restricted in copies or derivations.
> It does not appear to be a GNU copyleft which restricts uses.

I think you're confused about what the GNU copyleft is if you think this
is a coherent statement. The GNU copyleft _exactly_ "ensures the terms
of the license may not be restricted in copies or derivations", I don't
know what else you think it "restricts uses". The problem is that this
prevents a work (or portions thereof) covered by the license from being
incorporated in a larger work that has components under restrictive
licenses (such as commercial UNIX derivatives)