[tz] NIST leap-second file not yet updated

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 16 05:38:59 UTC 2016

Tim Parenti wrote:

> this sounds like
> the kind of thing that might perhaps be solved by a simple request.

As I recall the IERS was asked a while ago, with no definite response yet.

French copyright law is a funny thing, not to mention international bureaucracy,
and it's possible we'll be stuck with using a non-IERS file indefinitely. I hope
the NIST can maintain a leap-second file in a timely fashion; otherwise we'd
have to do it ourselves, and then the world might have *three* files where one
should suffice....