[tz] ICANN contacts Egyptian government about recent last-minute clock change

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Sun Jul 24 17:20:55 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-24 01:39, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 07/24/2016 03:54 AM, Arthur David Olson wrote:
>> The time zone cabal dates to 1989
> That's just the current incarnation. Previous editions of the cabal
> timekeeping in ancient Mesopotamia:
> "It seems that this populace lived at least from the inception of
> writing with a reality-distorting system of timekeeping, which is a
> by no means surprising development."
> Englund KR. Administrative timekeeping in ancient Mesopotamia. J Econ
> Soc Hist Orient 31, 2 (1988), 121-85.
> http://www.jstor.org/stable/3632096
also http://cdli.ucla.edu/staff/englund/publications/englund1988a.pdf
quote on p.181; another quote from the previous p.180 which we can
all relate to, summarizing the previous section on Sumerian labour
time accounting:
"This rationalization and quantification of labor time executed by
ancient management presupposes an outlook which many will recognize
in present day organization, ..."

Time cabals should include:

the Jewish Sanhedrin:
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/3920-calendar-history-of

the Roman Collegium Pontificum who published the Fasti (courts, markets,
and sacred calendar), regulated what should and could be done when on
those days, and announced the sighting of the new moon on the Kalends e.g.
http://www.webexhibits.org/calendars/calendar-roman.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar