[tz] Egypt TZ Update

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Sun Jun 12 21:50:13 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-12 13:15, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Brian Inglis wrote:
>> and change the line:
>> Rule    Egypt    2016    only    -    Jul     7    24:00    1:00	S
>> to:
>> Rule    Egypt    2016    only    -    Jul     8    24:00    1:00	S
>
> Why would that change be necessary? As I understand it, DST is
> planned to start on July 7 at 24:00, i.e., July 8 at 00:00 (not
> 24:00).

Sorry got distracted checking sources for the change time and meant to post:

Rule    Egypt    2016    only    -    Jul     8    01:00    1:00	S

as sources (some vague) seem to indicate 01.00 local for the change time.
Given the quality of information sources, waiting for official confirmation
seems prudent and necessary in this case.