[tz] [PATCH 00/10] Zone Table Comments
eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 1 07:04:08 UTC 2016
Brian Inglis wrote:
> Not clear in lines such as those below that Eastern, Central refer to time zone
> and not the geographical part of the region - either add the word Time or some
> other indication e.g. EST/EDT, CST/CDT to keep it short:
In context it's not so bad (see below for the relevant screen, for Canada).
Perhaps "EST+EDT" would be clearer than "Eastern" and similarly for "CST+CDT"
and I suppose "MST+MDT" and "PST+PDT" but it's a close call.
Please select one of the following time zone regions.
1) Newfoundland; Labrador (southeast) 15) Central - NU (Resolute)
2) Atlantic - NS (most areas); PE 16) Central - NU (central)
3) Atlantic - NS (Cape Breton) 17) CST - SK (most areas)
4) Atlantic - New Brunswick 18) CST - SK (midwest)
5) Atlantic - Labrador (most areas) 19) Mountain - AB; BC (E); SK (W)
6) AST - QC (Lower North Shore) 20) Mountain - NU (west)
7) Eastern - ON, QC (most areas) 21) Mountain - NT (central)
8) Eastern - ON, QC (no DST 1967-73) 22) Mountain - NT (west)
9) Eastern - ON (Thunder Bay) 23) MST - BC (Creston)
10) Eastern - NU (most east areas) 24) MST - BC (Dawson Cr, Ft St John)
11) Eastern - NU (Pangnirtung) 25) MST - BC (Ft Nelson)
12) EST - ON (Atikokan); NU (Coral H) 26) Pacific - BC (most areas)
13) Central - ON (west); Manitoba 27) Pacific - Yukon (south)
14) Central - ON (Rainy R, Ft Frances) 28) Pacific - Yukon (north)
More information about the tz