[tz] tzcode: please rename the "new" argument in icatalloc()

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Mon Mar 7 21:42:00 UTC 2016

Markus Scherer said:
> tzcode/private.h has this declaration:
>
> char * icatalloc(char * old, const char * new);
>
> The "new" identifier prevents it from being compiled with a C++ compiler.
> Would you mind renaming the second argument?

The code is written in C, not C++. C and C++ are different languages. [1]

Use a C compiler. (Which could be a C/C++ compiler with appropriate options
set.)

[1] This is official UK policy. I know because I helped set it.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.