[tz] TZ Changing in Chile on May, 14th.

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 21:45:53 UTC 2016

> Before the transition, this rule line is active:
>
> Rule    Chile    2012    2014    -    Sep    Sun>=2 4:00u    1:00    S
> so Chile is assumed to be on daylight saving time, i.e., -03.

I catch myself making the same mistake sometime.  It's easy to think that since the "TO" column is 2014, that there was no savings in effect in 2015. However, it actually just means that there was no *transition* in 2015.

So the last transition to occur left the 1 hour savings in effect (UTC-03:00), which persists until it is removed by the next transition in May of 2016.

-Matt