[tz] Cyprus is splitting into two time zones

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 10:32:31 UTC 2016

On 02/11/16 02:25, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> My own dealings with Cyprus are as a European country so I was somewhat
>> > surprised that it's not listed there, and I would expect to find it's
>> > details in any EU directory along with every other EU country.
> There's some discussion here about the various Europe resources that
> exclude it and the various reasons why one might argue it is in Asia:
>
> https://politics.stackexchange.com/questions/3204/is-cyprus-in-europe
>
> It's a political issue, as you might expect.

Totally political, and some of the 'evidence' provided by Wikipedia is
decidedly suspect. Apparently Russia is the largest European Country?
But Cyprus IS in that list as well. Certainly wikipedia can not be
considered reliable as the messages on the top of many pages attest.

As I said ... I was just surprised there was a problem. Cyprus is just
one of the European countries I deal with ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL