[tz] Danish Time not UTC

Wed Nov 9 18:34:35 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-09 03:23, Tony Finch wrote:
> Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis at SystematicSw.ab.ca> wrote:
>
>> I think UK legal time is also still some variety of GMT, as may be
>> some other Commonwealth countries.

> British law refers to mean time, but the Greenwich Observatory and
> subsequently NPL have only provided UTC since it started.

Royal Observatory Greenwich and Royal Greenwich Observatory (at
Herstmonceaux 1947-1990, then Cambridge 1990-1998, before closing)
provided astronomical and navigational products for GMT, GCT, GMAT,
GMST, UT, UT0, UT1, UT2 (used for radio time signals), ET, etc.
They did participate in CUT, originally from RGO, NPL, USNO, then BIH.
The atomic standard TAI, its civil UTC derivative, and frequencies, are
physical standards set and provided by NMIs coordinated by the BIPM.