[tz] tzdata2016g missing version information

Thu Nov 10 19:58:27 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-10 02:25, Seán Coffey wrote:
> thanks for the update. I think the version file approach works well
> and it's good to have it documented. Oracle has a bug record[1]
> tracking the version issue in TZUpdater tool and we'll now take
> steps to address the issue and have the tool reference this new
> version file.

Would be good to heed Kevin Brown's comment about checking
for the version file in the archive and falling back to the
Makefile VERSION definition, to allow tests using old as well
as new archives to work, without keeping both old and new jars
around.
Also gives customers more time to remove their workaround
processes back to using only the tar and the jar. ;^p