[tz] Doubt about releases/updates

Pablo Sánchez phackwer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:27:54 UTC 2016

Greetings, everyone!

I have a doubt about the TZ database release or updates, and maybe you can
help me to solve it.

So, is the database update BEFORE or AFTER a new DST has started? The
reason why I need to know it is because we are having issues about
calculating some ETAs and presenting the information on reports, because
PHP internal database doesn't get updates automatically. So we decided to
use an extension that uses IANA's Timezone Database (updated approximatelly
23 times an year). So, we need to know if those updates are released before
the daylight saving time starts or if you release it before it starts.
Since there are usually political decisions that delays or rushes the DST
beginning, I believe those updates comes prior to the actual fact, with a
data on wich day begin, so I should not worry on using the extension that
updates itself with 24 hours delay, right?

So, do you update it before DST comes, or after?

--

*Pablo Santiago Sánchez*
ZCE ZEND006757
phackwer at gmail.com
(61) 9843-0883
http://www.sansis.com.br
*"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"*