[tz] Doubt about releases/updates

Andreas Heigl andreas at heigl.org
Wed Nov 30 17:42:13 UTC 2016

Hi Pablo.

PHPs timezone-Database is current at the time of the release of the
patch-version of PHP. SO when you update your PHP frequently you should
always have the current timezone-Database.

When that is not an option you can use the PECL timezonedb-package to
update your PHP-Version.

Apart from that the DST and other information are in both versions
current. So DST-changes in the future ar ealready available in todays
timezone-database. Should that change due to political reasons it will
be updated with the next version of the timezone DB. So it doesn'T
matter whether the DB is updated before or after a DST-Change as the
DST-change is already in there.

Should something change due to political reasons the changes are
*usually* added before the chage becomes relevant. Sometimes it doesn't
work out that way. That might happen when the change was publicised
*after* the date it became valid.

Does that help you?

Cheers

Andreas