[tz] Gwillim Law

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 21 18:56:34 UTC 2016

I recently found out about Gwillim Law's passing by reading his family's
web page <http://statoids.com/mgtletter.html>. Gwillim was a long time
contributor to the tz project. He is credited in dozens of places,
ranging from a 1993 decoding of entries for Tocantins in the
International Air Transport Association's Standard Schedules Information
Manual, to a 2015 translation of an article about a new time zone for
Quintana Roo. Although I never met Gwillim in person, his expert,
careful, and warm presence on the tz mailing list will be greatly
missed. My condolences to his friends and family.