[tz] Historical discrepancies for Italy.

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 21:38:35 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Michael H Deckers via tz <tz at iana.org> wrote:

>    INRIM can only disseminate time as determined by law or decree or order
> issued before
>    the fact. What the Romans do is always a different matter, and is
> difficult to
>    determine 70 years later. Besides, in recent cases where legal time has
> been observed
>    to differ from widespread usage (eg Turkey), the tz database describes
> legal time.
>
>    For 1967..1979, all steps in the Italian time scale were announced in
>    the "Gazzetta Ufficiale", as required by the law:

Since much before 1967.

But the actual laws are extremely confused. I checked one, and it does
not agree with INRIM. I trust more the INRIM. This one is about the
end of DST for 1944:
http://www.normattiva.it/atto/caricaDettaglioAtto?atto.dataPubblicazioneGazzetta=1944-09-30&atto.codiceRedazionale=044U0219

>    Anyway, these sources seem to agree with the tables of INRIM.

The single one I checked does not agree :(

(I'll add this to my not yet written email to INRIM)

Cheers