[tz] Cyprus is splitting into two time zones

Matt Johnson mj1856 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:09:14 UTC 2016

>From a discussion I had with a colleague:

North Nicosia is probably OK for current purposes.  But, if reunification happens, the term "North Nicosia" will be as relevant as "East Berlin" is now, and people might be confused by a city name that was formerly split.  I would pick "Asia/Famagusta", the largest city entirely within the TRNC, and the major seaport, in the interest of being more clear.

Thoughts?
-Matt