[tz] Mongolia DST ends on Sep 24, 26 or October 1, 2016

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 23 19:54:49 UTC 2016

On 09/23/2016 11:23 AM, World Time Zone wrote:
> There are conflicting reports that Mongolia ends DST on Sep 24, Sep 26
> or October 1, 2016?

Ouch. tzdata says Sept. 24 at 00:00, which would have taken place about
four hours ago. Is there anyone one the ground who can confirm the
correct transition time?

I'll CC: our Mongolian email correspondents from last year to see
whether they can help. If tzdata is wrong there are a lot of cell phones
in Mongolia that now disagree with official time.