[tz] tzdata 2016g

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Sep 27 23:38:25 UTC 2016

On 2016-09-27 11:57, Kim Davies wrote:
> This thread has just been brought to my attention. Apologies this
> update hasn’t been posted sooner, if this was a regular update we’d
> plan to have it posted within a day.
> The changes to the packaging of this update necessitate some
> technical changes at our end, as our propagation mechanism assumes
> the historical structure of the updates. Paul told me at the time the
> update wasn’t urgent, and in the midst of getting ready for the IANA
> stewardship transition expected to occur later this week, we’ve had a
> lot on our plate.
> I’ll be working on getting this out the door ASAP.

Sounds like the addition of the .tar.lz package during the PTI changes
was enough to derail the process.
Even seemingly minor changes to prod ops can involve a lot of work to
allow the changes to be applied to production systems: sometimes the
major effort is getting approvers to believe that the potential impact
to existing operations is essentially zero, when something new and
discrete is being added.