[tz] Potted history of timekeeping from the BBC

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 12:03:20 UTC 2017

 > And you should also note that the location where they charge you to take
> that photograph is about 20 meters to the west of where it should be.
> At least, I presume my modern smartphone's GPS is fairly accurate, as
> well as having looked it up on Google Earth later.

And...if Google Maps is correct, the Arizona/New Mexico/Colorado/Utah Four
Corners Monument is not at the four corners.

[Insert here the mandatory reference to convoluted DST in the region.]

    @dashdashado

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Four+Corners+Monument/@36.9989687,-109.0452552,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x873a25d2c9c70acd:0xc9945bd27b66993a!8m2!3d36.9989773!4d-109.0451868