[tz] leapseconds.awk, LEAP directives and references

Chris Woodbury tzocd at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 22:58:44 UTC 2017

One thing to add.  The wording says, "This file".  So, the statement
applies to only that file, not the files within a folder or directory
generally.  The README file (ftp://hpiers.obspm.fr/bul/bulc/README)
was changed April 11th, (I think) with the intent of clarifying the
copy situation of all files within the folder except that's not what
it says.  I suspect the Copyright statement should read more along
these lines:

  # Copyright 2017 International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service.

  # The files in these folder, and its sub-folders, are licensed under the
  # Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.  To view this

Someone may also want to move the statement one folder down towards the
root of the tree but that's only a guess.

This may all seem a quibble and somewhat ridiculous given Christian's intent,
but remember, that's how lawyers make their living. :)