[tz] Namibia to change time zone/go permanent DST

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 13:12:56 UTC 2017

The text of the "Namibia Time Act, 1994" is available online at...
    www.lac.org.na/laws/1994/811.pdf
...and includes this nugget:

    Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (2) of section 1, the
first winter period after the commencement of this Act shall commence at
OOhOO on Monday 21 March 1994 and shall end at 02h00 on Sunday 4 September
1994.

A "zdump -v Africa/Windhoek" shows a 1994 transition on April 2 rather than
in March.

    --ado