[tz] Reason for removal of several TZ abbreviations

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Tue Dec 5 20:32:19 UTC 2017

The original reason for the latest discussion was actually precipitaed
from a request of clarity into why Greenland time zone designator was
changed from GST/WGST to -3. The original author said that he felt
GST/WGST was in common usage.

I believe the answer should have been that he should provide evidence
that it is in common usage in Greenland, preferably documentation of
what the Greenland government prefers for the designator.