[tz] Kyiv

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 15 20:55:50 UTC 2017

On 12/15/2017 12:07 PM, Random832 wrote:
> this is not without precedent.  The following links all
> appear to be the result of similar "transliteration" changes.

Sure, but as I recall we waited until common usage changed. When that
happens for Kiev/Kyiv we can change it in the same way that we did for
Dacca/Dhaka etc. Although government-sanctioned spelling is a
significant part of this puzzle, it's not enough to overrule common
usage outside government, and while we're in reasonable doubt we can
leave things be.