[tz] Montana proposed DST cancellation

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Feb 27 20:21:45 UTC 2017

On 02/27/2017 03:42 AM, Andreas Stieger wrote:
> SB 206 passed 3rd Reading in the Montana Senate and is now in House Committee.

Yes, and it passed the Montana Senate 36-14, which indicates that it's
so popular that it is more likely to take effect than any of the other
U.S. proposals that I know of. The proposed change would not affect
Montana's clocks until 2018-03-11 02:00 -07, so we should have plenty of
time to create America/Billings before then, if they go ahead with the
change.