[tz] [PROPOSED] Remove some invented abbreviations in ‘europe’

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:50:30 UTC 2017

Tim Parenti wrote:
> These cases have been sufficiently rare that I think it's worth documenting them
> as we go, so they're easier to find once we feel '%z' is sufficiently
> well-supported we can rip them out.

Thanks. A downside of these detailed comments is that we'll have to maintain the
comments, along with the data, if the data changes before we start assuming %z.
So how about if we instead use simpler comments that don't contain detail that
we'd have to maintain? That should be good enough to document the situation.
Something like the attached, say.