[tz] question about mktime_tzname()

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:28:38 UTC 2017

For the immediate question:

> I'm not quite sure what 'goback' and 'goahead' are supposed to do.

"goback" indicates that there's a 400-year pattern to the stuff at the
start of the transition table that can be extrapolated backward through
time; "goahead" indicates that there's a 400-year pattern to the stuff at
the end that can be extrapolated forward. When a table generated from an
environment variable does indeed cover 400 years, both goahead and goback
should be set.

    @dashdashado