[tz] Magallanes region from Chile will keep DST all year round

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Tue Jan 24 19:51:23 UTC 2017

The point is, many TZ clients (not just Apple, not just ICU) consider a change that takes effect in 3 1/2 months “urgent.” It is not just a matter of development cycles; it’s also a matter of release cycles.

There are some TZ clients who can turn a change around in a few days, and there are some that require much more lead time. Telling the latter that it’s their problem they have a different business model from the former is not productive.

Debbie