[tz] core dumps on AIX7.1 and HPUX11.31 and tzcode 2017B.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Jun 12 15:38:19 UTC 2017

Kees Dekker wrote:
> Why are the (redefines) for tzname, daylight, altzone put under TZ_TIME_T?
> Setting TZ_TIME_T has much more effects, and I only like to have 'own' definitions of some variables, but still use the system's time_t type).

Name mangling is intended mostly for internal use. If we wanted to be systematic
about it, we would need to make the library completely independent of the
standard C library, and that would require renaming struct tm as well. This
hasn't been thought through and quite possibly there would be some issues in
doing that.

That being said, if you'd like to compile with -Dtime_tz=time_t in the meantime,
nobody will stop you.