[tz] [PROPOSED] Remove old Y2K code

Tue Jun 13 07:53:04 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-12 23:59, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 06/12/2017 09:06 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> Please reconsider removing this, and change it if necessary to
>> DEPRECATE_TWO_DIGIT_YEARS, as the lessons have not been learned
>
> Perhaps you're right, I was too hasty. I brought back that code under
> the name you suggested, by installing the attached.

Thank you, and developers 70-80 years from now will thank you!

Between now and then, I hope to get the "date formatting" printf
examples removed from:
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/fprintf.html#tag_16_159_06_01
which are examples of what not to do, as it causes future problems, when
you have specialized, localized facilities available, better suited to
do those jobs, like strftime(3), gettext(3), catgets(3), and friends.