[tz] Israel Timezone query

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 28 21:21:42 UTC 2017

On 03/27/2017 09:40 PM, Vidyalakshmi Badiger wrote:

> As  per the below request the Time zone value for Israel need to be
> changed from “*GMT +2 (Default Value)* to *(Default value*).
>
> So how can we proceed to provide this change?

As the tz database does not have strings like "GMT +2 (Default value)"
in it, I suspect that your problem lies in some software using the tz
database, rather than in tz itself. Perhaps it is some compatibility
issue, but with so little information to go on it is hard to say. You
may need to get some technical help on your end to get to the bottom of
this.

For what it's worth, the most recent change affecting Asia/Jerusalem was
in release 2013e, as far as I know.