[tz] proposed changes for Win32 and a improved mktime() algorithm

Jaakko Hyvätti jaakko.hyvatti at foreca.com
Thu May 11 05:17:28 UTC 2017

On Wed, 10 May 2017, Kees Dekker wrote:
> 2. Adding int value = 0 (or any initializing value what is wanted) does not reduce the readability of the code. If it does, I can’t imagine how.

Killing warnings this way - kills warnings from all compilers, good and
bad.  Warnings are meant to expose problems in code, and if they are
killed, bugs introduced later might not be detected.  In code that will be
maintained for thousands of years (I hope) this counts.

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti at foreca.com
Keilaranta 1, FI-02150 Espoo, Finland                http://www.foreca.com