[tz] proposed changes for Win32 and a improved mktime() algorithm

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Mon May 29 11:12:42 UTC 2017

    Date:        Mon, 29 May 2017 07:15:49 +0000
    From:        Kees Dekker <Kees.Dekker at infor.com>

  | Please forgive my innocence. It would be great if you provide function names.
  | I assume you are pointing to function names in localtime.c?

Yes, those.

  | Do you mean the _rz functions?

Yes, and tzalloc() and one or two which are just _z ... if it has a 'z'
suffix in there somewhere, then it is relevant.  The 'z' implies that
it has a timezone_t as a parameter (which tzalloc() makes from a TZ string).
Oh, there's also tzfree() of course - the inverse of tzalloc().

  | But then NETBSD_INSPIRED need to be defined

Notice just "inspired" not required...   I suspect (without actually going
to check) that essentially all you get with thet symbol defined will be the
ones that you need.

  | (no problem, but may result in another porting issues for me on MS-Windows).

There should not be a lot, and I cannot think of anything of a different
nature than you have seen already.

One issue may be the 'r' suffix part (thread safe) - but I assume windows
has some way to make threaded programs, and hence to make thread safe library
functions.

kre