[tz] [PROPOSED] Be more consistent about UT vs UTC

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue Nov 7 20:19:37 UTC 2017

On Tue 2017-11-07T19:16:33+0000 Zefram hath writ:
> To not make this change would perpetuate the existing confusion.  The way
> forward is to use the correct terms and to include adequate explanation
> (in theory.html) to resolve the confusion.

During those intervals the folks who were tasked with providing time
for their governments were getting new instructions as often as three
times in a calendar year from assemblies of the IAU, CCIR, and URSI.
Given that I am holding in my hands the issues of Bulletin Horaire from
the relevant period of time, I am continuing to insert references into
https://www.ucolick.org/~sla/leapsecs/timescales.html#UTC

--
Steve Allen                    <sla at ucolick.org>              WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB 260  Natural Sciences II, Room 165  Lat  +36.99855