[tz] Was Azerbaijan the first government to cite tzdb?

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 16:22:52 UTC 2017

On 11 November 2017 at 02:51, Philip Paeps <philip at trouble.is> wrote:

> Take that thought a bit further and ICANN will be selling timezones to the
> highest bidder another decade down the line.

That makes me think about advertising in time zone names.

Imagine if you had to select not Europe/Zurich but instead
Europe/Powered-by-Swatch or something like that, because the company
bought the naming rights to the timezone.

Like the many stadiums or buildings that are now named after companies
rather than after locations or people.
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>