[tz] Anyone else having snprintf issues with 2017c?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Oct 24 02:14:53 UTC 2017

On Oct 23, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Jon Skeet <skeet at pobox.com> wrote:

> The tzvalidate travis build is failing, with both clang and gcc, with this error:
>
> zdump.c:803:1: error: static declaration of ‘snprintf’ follows non-static declaration

The .travis.yml file says

	dist: trusty

I'm assuming that's Ubuntu Trusty Tahr, which I would expect to have C compilers that support C99 and a libc that includes snprintf().

However, I'm not sure the compiler would *default* to C99; perhaps you need to compile with -std=c99 rather than, say, -ansi, which may default to C90 rather than C99.