[tz] [PROPOSED] Guess that Tonga has canceled DST

Wed Oct 25 04:29:49 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-24 18:14, World Time Zone wrote:
> Just got an email
> (Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:18:00 +1300)
>
> from Andrew Toimoana (Director of Information, Tonga)
> <atoimoana at mic.gov.to>
>
> with CC to Tonga Meteorological Service 'Ofa Faanunu' <ofaf at met.gov.to> and
> Paula Ma'u - new Secretary for Information & Communications 'Paula Ma'ú'
> <paulm at mic.gov.to>
>
> who stated that " ... the Government of Tonga won't be observing the Daylight
> saving this year, unless there will be a cabinet direction given later on
> regarding this subject ...."

Could Tonga government authorities please have *"tz at iana.org"* added to their
official notification list for all announcements on time topics, which should
already include their country's airport, airline, and travel authorities, IATA,
etc.

This will ensure that all major systems, mobile phone, and travel software
vendors get timely notices and forewarning to provide system updates.

Could they please also include any available links to official decision notices
on government web sites, and also forward this to their counterparts in other
countries, so we can all agree on scheduled travel and meeting times.

All phone and computer users in, and business and vacation visitors to, Tonga
would greatly appreciate their ongoing cooperation.

At the very least Apple, IANA, Microsoft, and Oracle staff monitor and
participate on this mailing list, to ensure their organizations have correct
information and maximum possible notice to process and distribute updates, to
ensure that all systems from the largest servers to personal phones can display
the correct current time in Tonga.

(Any other major organizations' staff should be encouraged to mention their
affiliation on the list.)

[CC to Tonga authorities mentioned]