[tz] Canada/East-Saskatchewan

Derick Rethans tz at derickrethans.nl
Thu Oct 26 10:14:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017, Paul Eggert wrote:

> On 10/24/2017 02:51 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> > You're right that timezonemap.h needs updating, but it has nothing to do
> > with Canada/East-Saskatchewan missing and failing the test. It's simply
> > a data point that is now gone.
>
> I assumed that timezonemap.h was the source for the tests, in that the
> test runs through each of its entries and makes sure that they work.
> So if you update timezonemap.h to match the current tzdb then the
> tests should succeed again.

That did indeed end up being the case. I've updated timezonemap.h now:
https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/8e3260376c65b762a51eee7c30ab560dadefa1f6

> > > What program generates those two files, by the way? I'd like to
> > > mention it in tz-link.htm.
> > It's part ofhttps://github.com/derickr/timelib, which powers the
> > date/timezone support for PHP, HHVM and MongoDB.
>
> Thanks for the info; I installed the attached patch to tz-link.htm to
> point to it.

Not sure if you'd like to mention it, but timelib's other big thing is
that it can parse textual descriptions of date/time strings from a large
variety of formats: http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.php

cheers,
Derick

--