[tz] [PROPOSED] New edition of Calendrical Calculations

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 3 20:05:55 UTC 2018

On 04/03/2018 09:34 AM, John Layt wrote:
> I've never been able to read it for fear of taint...

We do have to be quite careful about respecting copyright, for obvious
reasons. However, I've read and used the ideas from the part of the book
that does not include Lisp code, which is fine. Although the code is the
heart of the book, all I want is its brain.

Amusingly enough, the book's latest edition has a small time-zone
section that cites Shanks but not tzdb. Perhaps I should file a bug
report....