[tz] EU Public Consultation on summertime arrangements

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Wed Aug 29 20:32:42 UTC 2018

Paul Eggert wrote in <e60fef5f-4752-c62e-f063-23f15efe948a at cs.ucla.edu>:
 |John Wilcock wrote:
 |> https://ec.europa.eu/info/consultations/2018-summertime-arrangements_en
 |
 |Thanks for the heads-up. A draft comment to the EU is attached.
 --End of <e60fef5f-4752-c62e-f063-23f15efe948a at cs.ucla.edu>

An Austrian news magazine reports that 80 percent of all
participants voted for dropping the time switch, yet many voted
for always keeping summer time.  I have also participated, and it
must be said that these where leading questions in an alerting
way.  I had the impression that this was wanted, maybe even for
automated prefiltering, .. but then again, isn't that also
unthinkable.  I have been outvoted by many.  Commented i had that
children should not go to school in the dark, that i have seen
a real (non overexposed through human light pollution) night sky
only two times in my whole life, and the rest i have forgotten.

--steffen