[tz] Time zone Asia/Qyzylorda

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 20 20:12:59 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 9:17 AM, Alexander Konzurovski wrote:
> Qyzylorda Region (Asia/Qyzylorda) is changing its time zone from UTC+6
> to UTC+5 effective December 21st, 2018. The legal document is located
> here: http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/P1800000817 (russian language).
>

> Accordingly resolution the time zone must be changed on December 20
> 18:00 UTC.

Thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately this was not much notice, as the
change occurred less than 45 minutes after you sent your email, and this
was before I read the email. So the proposed tzdb patch (attached) is
for both past and future timestamps.

Did Qostanay (also known as Kostanay or Қостанай) also change? The
proposed patch assumes Qostanay did not change, as this is what Google
Translate implies from the URL you sent. But if this is incorrect and
Qostanay also changed, that would make the patch smaller as we can then
avoid creating a special Zone entry for Qostanay.

I suppose we'll need a new tzdb release soon for this.