[tz] America/Mexico_City incorrect DST end time for 2018.

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Dec 28 18:04:48 UTC 2018

Paul Eggert wrote:

> I also found some saying that the transition was 02:00->01:00:
>
> https://vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/todo-lo-que-debes-saber-sobre-el-cambio-de-horario-se-adelanta-o-se-atrasa-el-reloj
> so it appears at the least that there is some confusion here.

To make things even more confusing, an October 2017 article in Vanguardia said
the opposite, i.e., that the 2017 transition was 03:00->02:00:

https://vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/lo-que-debes-hacer-para-que-el-cambio-de-horario-no-te-afecte

So did Vanguardia correct the time this year? or were they correct last year?

I suspect that most people in Mexico who set the time by hand, did this the
night before (or the morning after). Places like hospitals and airports care
more about this sort of thing. I looked for when airports changed, and found
announcements like this one:

https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/noticias/2018/10/22/aeropuerto-capitalino-atrasara-una-hora-relojes-cambio-horario.html

which said that AICM (the main airport in Mexico City) "atrasará una hora todos
los relojes en sus pantallas de información de vuelos, el próximo domingo 28 de
octubre en punto de las 02:00 horas", which sounds like a 02:00->01:00 switch.
Every airport announcement I found was similar.

It is curious that so many news stories say there is a 03:00->02:00 transition,
though.