[tz] Old timestamps on files

Antonio Diaz Diaz antonio at gnu.org
Sun Dec 30 00:27:48 UTC 2018

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> I also have a number of files dated 1980-01-01 with a range of times, but I'm
> a bit more suspicious about them. Though since they are Infocom games they
> might be genuine.

I have a number of files dated 1980-01-01 (copied from 5 1/4 floppies),
but those that I have been able to verify are really newer. I suspect
that these fake dates were caused by some bug or incompatibility before
or during the copy. I also have a number of files dated '1979-12-31
23:xx', maybe caused by the same bug but with DST changed.

The oldest file created by me that I have been able to find is this one
(a schematic diagram made with Orcad):

-rw-r--r-- 1 antonio users   776 1986-06-06 12:35 block.sch