[tz] Fractional seconds in zic input

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Feb 5 17:02:46 UTC 2018

On 02/05/2018 04:55 AM, Howard Hinnant wrote:
> 2.  Doing this without specifying a maximum precision will mean the substantial breakage I speak of in 1) will happen every time the precision is increased.
What sort of breakage do you see? Is the problem that different
downstream users will compare calculations and disagree about the exact
results because they use differing precisions? But we already have that
problem, as at least one downstream user already discards sub-minute
information, namely Kerry Shetline's recently-discussed tzdata compressor.