[tz] Inappropriate project direction

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Sun Feb 11 09:36:57 UTC 2018

Why does that make any difference to a user?

"Standard" vs "Daylight" (in English) is a naming issue. If Ireland wanted
to call *neither* one of them "Standard Time" — for example, "Summer Time"
vs "Winter Time", or whatever they want ("Chris O’Dowd Time" and "Dawn
O'Porter Time") — why do we care? Why do people think that the name has to
be aligned with that flag, because it obviously isn't in many
languages/countries that don't use a term like "Standard" in the name at
all.

Mark