[tz] Build error on tzdb-2018a

Matias Fonzo selk at dragora.org
Wed Jan 17 18:44:56 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:14:26 -0800
Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Matias Fonzo wrote:
> > I can't update tzdb-2018a, I am getting this error:
> >
> > make: *** No rule to make target 'pacificnew', needed by
> > 'version'.
>
> Thanks for reporting this packaging problem, which was not detected
> by the checks that I do before making a distribution. I have
> installed the attached patch to the development version; please give
> it a try.

There is a place from where to get the development version?.  I've
tried the patch against the tzdb-2018a, unfortunately it does not
work:

patching file Makefile
Hunk #3 succeeded at 685 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 701 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 805 (offset -1 lines).
patching file NEWS
make: *** No rule to make target 'pacificnew', needed by 'version'.
Stop.

The patch was applied using `patch -Np1 -i <path/patchfile>'