[tz] wrong Europe/Dublin dst offset rule

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jan 19 21:38:00 UTC 2018

On 01/19/2018 12:53 AM, Vicky wrote:

> while parsing the data i found the issue in rule Europe/Dublin
> Negative DST.. Previous version or not in any other file there is no
> negative dst.

Yes, although negative DST support is required by POSIX and has been in
tzcode for quite some time, that was the first use of it in tzdata. That
change was intended to support Irish Standard Time, which is an hour
ahead of GMT (which Ireland uses in winter). We're planning to back that
change out temporarily, since we found some issues with it with ICU and
with OpenJDK.

What software are you using to parse the data files? Has the problem
been reported to the maintainers of that software?