[tz] Adding a "test" region?

Paul.Koning at dell.com Paul.Koning at dell.com
Wed Jan 24 21:55:53 UTC 2018

No, please do NOT do that.  Anyone who depends on an automated or semi-automated system to track real changes will get completely messed up by such a tactic.  Let the real database contain real data.  A test database is fine; a test zone in the real data is not.

Of course it would be possible for the tools that track changes to ignore the test entry, but that's an incompatible change.  And that also only works if the test zone(s) have rigorously defined name patterns fixed for all time.

	paul